Wednesday, February 19, 2014
10 Ways to Seek a Beginner's Mind
1) Create space in your mind by slowing the breath and emptying your mind.
2) Let go of expectations.
3) If you think you know it, you won't have enough space to learn anything new. Forget what you think you know.
4) Trust yourself to just be. Listen to your intuition.
5) Allow the inner critic to release itself from your mind and body. Laugh at yourself.
6) Focus on your inner-being, not your outer-image.
7) Find inspiration in a new pose.
8) Practice a "regular" pose and shift the breath to a different part of the body, like your eyelashes.
9) No such thing as failure.
10) Take the opportunity to learn something new every single time you practice, whether you like it or not.