Sunie Yoga

suniemac.wix.com/yoga

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Listen to Your Body

There are days when you may notice you're super energized or, just the opposite, extra tired.  Oftentimes we hear our thoughts on how we're really doing and we chose to ignore them.


It's okay to listen to your body.  Check in with yourself.  Let it speak to you.  Your body will tell you what you need.  Perhaps a night in or a day off from work would do just the trick.  Or maybe you need a visit to the gym or want to go dancing to let out some extra steam.  Listen.  And find a way to do it.
There are times when I find myself feeling run down from doing too much, but I push it aside because I want to participate in every social option available to me.  There are some days where all I really feel like doing is taking a Yoga class or meditating.  When I don't indulge, it never fails, I pay for it later, one way or another.  Listen to your body and give it what it needs.  There is nothing wrong with making the better choice for yourself.  Otherwise, you won't be as present as you'd like to be for the event you are planning to attend or for the friend you are wanting to see.


Make the choice, commit and go for it.  No guilt, no disappointment.  Allow yourself to be where you are in your life at this present moment.  Indulge yourself.  Give yourself what you need.  The world will thank you for it in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment