Sunie Yoga

suniemac.wix.com/yoga

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Imperfectly Practicing Patience

How do you let go of everything in your way and just believe that it will happen for you?

After moving from Cape Cod to NYC 10 months ago, I have already worked several different jobs and changed my living situation three times. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to find what I wanted.  But within the last 2 weeks, spending a lot of time with myself and my mat, summoning patience and peace in my new location, I am finally beginning to feel at home here in beautiful, bounteous Brooklyn.  The world truly wants to work in your favor, it's just a question of you believing in yourself and your choices.  
Crossing the Bridge takes Patience.
What's on the other side can be glorious.

When I came to NYC, I knew Yoga was what I was pursuing  but somehow I became sidetracked before I even completely moved in.  I so badly wanted to believe I could work solely in the field of Yoga and Health, but I knew deep down, I didn't think is possible.  So, I didn't do it.  I found myself working as a chef, a personal assistant and a manager of an artisinal grocer that meant well but rarely followed through.  I was disappointed with where I was headed and knew I wasn't happy.  My stars weren't aligned, it was very clear, but I kept reminding myself I had to make a salary to pay my rent.  

Now, there is no doubt everyone needs a decent paycheck to live well, but it doesn't mean you have to sacrifice who you are and what you believe in to get it.  And although I'm not nearly to a point where I can afford my monthly rent just yet, I am finally on the right track.  Getting to this point has taken an enormous amount of patience, which, without it, I wouldn't be here anymore.  

A daily Yoga practice cultivates patience, love and honesty for ourselves and everyone around us.  It is a glorious way to live.  The benefits we receive through patience can be enormously rewarding.  

As I continue along my path practicing patience, I will hope you are able to practice freely as well.  Let go of the things that hold you down and live what you love.  Believe that it will come, and when you're ready, it will.

What are you patiently awaiting?  How is your patience serving you?

No comments:

Post a Comment