Sunie Yoga

suniemac.wix.com/yoga

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Reflections of Christmas

Christmas has come and passed and the cold has settled in.  Many of us who need to work on a regular basis to make ends meet are back to the daily routine.  So many times was I asked how my Christmas vacation was today.  And so many people had such wonderful news to report on their behalf.  I hope you chose to spend your Christmas in an exceptionally good way.

Personally I had a glorious few days at my family's home in Northwest CT with wonderful people and such lovely cheer. We sang Christmas Carols, enjoyed a glass or two of wine, ate delicious meals and mile-high apple pie, we watched Christmas movies and went for long winter walks together.  I feel so blessed to have such a loving and warm family and was honored to partake in such a splendid holiday with them.

Many of us stayed home alone and enjoyed some peace and quiet, honoring ourselves and those we are not with.  Some of us went on pure vacation, no Christmas at all.

Hopefully you were safe, warm and content.

Tonight take some time to appreciate what has passed, reflect on the people you love, the time you shared and the energy that was created.  Give yourself the space to be with just yourself.  Love who you are, recognize what you bring to the people you know and explore how you can continue to carry that love into your daily life.

What do you carry with you from your Holidays?

4 comments:

  1. I had a great time with you and your family during the Christmas holiday. I wish you, your family and your readers all the best in the coming New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved having you. It is a special time to celebrate with special people.

      Delete
  2. My family is my center. And I got well centered again over the Christmas holiday! I enjoy reading your blog, Sunie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny that we all seem to somehow feel the most centered with our family even though we are all wacky and wild and totally off-centered?!

      Delete