Sunie Yoga

suniemac.wix.com/yoga

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Be Generous



No matter how much money you are making or how much time you have to give, be generous.  I am a firm believer in what you give you get back.  That doesn’t mean I donate all of my money and time.  That doesn’t mean I overspend and go into bankruptcy.  That doesn’t really mean I actually expect anything in return either.  But somehow I’ve found time and time again, when I spend my money something is always given back in return, one way or another. 

Same goes for my time.  As we all know, life is quick and short.  The connections you can make with people are generally what you want them to be.  Either you can choose to spend more time with someone or not.  You can be protective and short with people or you can give your time to someone who will benefit from it and your presence.  People are so anxious to get away from the unknown, so desperate to find a resolution, whether it is right or not, so quick to respond to a text or voicemail without taking the time to think.  If we can allow ourselves to take time to feel things out with another person by being generous, the potential growth you and he/she could have could be enormous.

Generosity also brings happiness.  It can even make you feel that you are a better person for it. 

Don’t believe me?  Try it out yourself.  Spend a little more time with someone that you normally wouldn’t do or spend a little more money on that event you’re going to with a friend or date.  Notice the experience.  Is it more enjoyable?  Are you happier?  Are you receiving new insight into someone else or perhaps even yourself? 

Put your time and money into the world and it will come back to you.  Try it out.  Truly, you never know what you’re going to get.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on this, as well.
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you M!
      I have had excellent parenting and lots of generosity in my life from my sweet family and friends who continue to teach me there is no other way.
      I am ever grateful.

      Delete