Sunie Yoga

suniemac.wix.com/yoga

Friday, March 30, 2012

Where is Your Home?

"Life without commitment is like a flower without a fragrance.  Life without commitment is like a moon without light.  -- Yogi Bhajan


Artist: Pooyan
I am a Free Spirit.  I find new projects, become fully absorbed, love them wholeheartedly with all the compassion I can muster, then I let them go and dive right into the next.  I am a seeker.  Time here is brief.  There is so much to see, so many people to meet, so many experiences to be had!

Although this lifestyle can be glorious and thrilling, there is one question I am repeatedly confronted with.  How do I find commitment in my life?

While living at Kripalu for a month, I had one of my greatest awakenings.  I discovered my home.  I've struggled with defining that for years, constantly looking outside of myself.  Finally, after weeks of early morning Sadhana and hours upon hours of examining human nature, I found my home.

Home isn't where the heart is.  My heart is where my home is.  Yoga has given me the space to explore, discover and create my authentic-self.  Because of the practice and peace Yoga provides, I am able to be at home every day.

Seek your home within yourself and you will strengthen your commitment to your own life, and therefore the commitments you have made outside of yourself.  No matter your situation, the people you are around, the hardships you bare, the place you are currently living, find yourself - be in your home.  Things change, at times quite drastically in just a few moments; if you can stay committed to yourself no matter what the change, life will open the door to you and set you free.

1 comment: